- Are your leaders capable of leading properly?
- How well do your leaders delegate or motivate the team?
- Are they able to see opportunity within a team?
- Do your leaders have too much “doing” work to carry out?
So how do you get the best out of your people? The answer is simple – have a great leader in place. So how can a good leader become great?
From the beginning any leader needs to have some core characteristics that show their true colours as a natural born leader.
A Good Sales Manager or Leader should be able to:
- Take control.
- Exercise leadership.
- Initiate action and give direction whilst taking responsibility.
- Put people first, have strong values and an ethical approach.
- Communicate and network.
- Analytically think and be able to solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Learn quickly.
- Be open to new ideas and experiences.
- Creatively and innovatively solve problems.
- Create change within the organisation.
- Plan ahead systematically.
- Respond and adapt to change.
- Follow direction and be focused on delivering a quality service or product that satisfies the customer.
- Manage pressure and be able to cope with setbacks.
- Be focused and have personal work objectives.
- Understand business, finance and commerce.
- See the value in self-development and career advancement.
Essentially leaders need to lead by example and so by managing themselves effectively they are setting the standard for their team’s behaviour.
We think that it is important for companies who have been through our training to come away with an ability to understand their team members and themselves far better than before. Knowing what strengths and weaknesses you have on your team will aid in setting up systems that work for your team and subsequently the business.
DO YOUR SALES LEADERS HAVE THE RIGHT Core Competencies?
There are 8 segments to our system, which help us to identify strengths and weaknesses in a sales person. Click on the link to ascertain if your salespeople have the right skills to make it in sales. Core Competencies >
Call us on 1300 950 073 (Press To Call) and discuss your vision with one of our competent trainers.